Born: July 18th, 1974
Married: July 27th, 2007
Master of Arts in Ministry Leadership (completing July 2012)
Wesley Seminary: Indiana Wesleyan University
Current GPA: 4.0
BA Hope College, Holland, MI (May 1996)
GPA: 3.49 Religion GPA 3.44
Honors: Dean’s list all four years
Tentmakers Youth Ministry Training - Winter of 1997
Seven week residential intensive training course similar to 18 hours of graduate work. www.tentm.org
Society for Church Consulting / Great Commission Research Network
Planting Missional Communities - 3 Dimensional Ministries
Creativity and Change Conference - Ginghamsburg Church, Tipp City, OH
A2 Conference, Willow Creek Community Church, South Barrington, IL
Drive 06 Conference - North Point Community Church, Atlanta, GA
Catalyst One Day Conference - Granger Community Church, Granger, IN
Youth Specialties Conferences: Numerous
I have purchased and listened to audio and video recordings from many conferences I was unable to attend including Exponential, Catalyst, Drive, Willow Creek Leadership, Willow Creek Arts, and Willow Creek Students.
My primary spiritual gifts are consistently identified by various tests as:
- Prophecy (Proclaiming the Word of God)
Of the five-fold ministry outlined in Ephesians 4, I identify most strongly with the roles of Apostle (starter of new things) and Teacher.
According to Gallop’s Strengths Finder, my primary strengths are:
- Ideation - I am fascinated by new ideas.
- Input - I am inquisitive, always looking for new ideas and adventures.
- Command - I am compelled to lead others where I’m going.
- Intellection - I like to think, exercising the muscles of my brain.
- Self-assurance - I am confident to take risks, and meet new challenges.
- Achiever - I am driven to accomplish concrete tasks.
- Belief - My core convictions are very strong, bounding the rest of my life.
- Learner - I love to learn, to research information in order to understand more.
Meyers Briggs Type Indicator: INTJ